BRIAN DA SILVA
4451 N.E. 53th Terrace
Lake Worth, Florida 33456
Tel: 561-55-2002 Cell: 561-555-4567
• SYSTEM DESIGN/ANALYST • PROGRAMMING •
Senior System Analyst and Database management Professional with more than 23 years of broad-base experience designing, developing, and implementing software systems. Special expertise with PeopleSoft program, as well as mainframe/UNIX and Client Server areas.
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of business procedures and practices, with demonstrated ability to design and write reports with SQR, Crystal, and Cobol. Substantial experience in supervision and training of personnel, and resourceful resolution of both technical and non technical problems.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive and diversified Information. Technology experience.
- In-depth knowledge of database design concepts, as they relate to PeopleSoft, data organization, and storage.
- Substantial experience composing functional and technical documents, as well as testing specifications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team effort
PeopleSoft: Tools 8.0 & 7.5 • Financial (A/P. A/R/Billing • GL • AM • Project Cost • Budget) • HR • Payroll • Process Scheduler • Applications Engine • PeopleCode • Object Security • Message Agent • EDI Manager • Data Migration • Upgrade Tool • Tree Manager • Query • SQR • Crystal
Database: Oracle 7, 8, 8i • Informix • SQL • DB2
Mainframe: (OS MVS): COBOL • COBOL II • CICS • SAS • REXX • MVS JCL • IBM Utilities • TSO • ISPF • CLIST • Panvalet • Changeman • VSAM • CA7
UNIX: Sun Solaris • Unix Shell Scripting
Testing Tools: Xpediter • Interest • TPNS • CEDF • SPUFI • QMF • Fileaid
PC Tools: MS Word • Excel • PowerPoint • Vision • Lotus • FTP • C/C++ • Java • SQLBASE UltraEdit • SQLLoader • SQLPlus • SQR • PeopleSoft (Financials, HRMS, Payroll) PeopleTools 6.0, 7.5, 8, 12 • Rational ClearQuest • DB2 Connect • Citrix Metaframe Windows 95/98/NT, 2000
FREELANCE, VARIOUS LOCATIONS 2000-2001
Capital One, Richmond, Va
- Full life-cycle implementation of PeopleSoft version 8—HR, Payroll and Benefits that included analysis, design, code, test, and implementation. Modified page and records, and customized processes by making peoplecode changes.
- Prepared detail design documents for the Employer Burden and America Express outbound interface files, including creation of new PeopleSoft record, pages, and process definitions and SQRs.
- Participate in functional and technical peer reviews, regarding performance enhancements
- Designed and coded payroll, HR, Benefits, and Security SQL, providing a wide variety of information for end users.
- Created templates to run Import Manager Script, updating Oracle/People Soft custom tables.
- Migrated projects from across platforms.
- Translated functional specifications into technical specs in a Unix, Oracle8, Client/Server environment.
- Participated in a PeopleSoft HR, Benefits and Payroll conversion project to upgrade PeopleSoft to version 8.
- Coded and tested COBOL conversion programs, running on an IBM mainframe.
- Wrote SQR interface programs to run on a Sun/Unix, Oracle 8.0 platform.
- Created and executed SQL load scripts to load HR, Benefits and Payroll Tables on Unix.
MANVILLE CORPORATION, PENSACOLA, FL 1988-1999
Senior Software Engineer
- Created and modified Panels, XIAT Table vanables, Prompt Tales and various Queries in a Unix, oracle7, Client Server environment.
- Coded and tested interface processes, customizations, and SQR reports.
- Provided after-hour production support for PeopleSoft Financial Systems (AP, AM, GL, AR, Project Cost, Budget)
- Wrote SQR/FTP interface to keep PeopleSoft and Legacy data in sync during conversion.
- Performed system testing and integration for the FBI’s National Crime Information Center project.
- Attended programmer peer-reviews to examine COBOL/CICS programs for accuracy and attention to detail.